Client Service Coordinator needed for Banfield Pet Hospital in Gainesville!
SUMMARY OF JOB PURPOSE AND FUNCTION The Client Service Coordinator drives the flow of clients and pets through the hospital, maximizes the productivity of the veterinary medical team (in terms of numbers of clients and pets), ensures good communication with associates and clients, and coordinates the care of clients and pets in a happy, welcoming, friendly and efficient manner, influencing clients to return and refer their friends and families.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
· Live and exemplify the Five Principles of Mars, Inc. within self and team.
· Actively recruit new clients by promoting hospital services and route the flow of clients and pets to ensure superior client care and maximum productivity of the veterinary medical team.
· Maximize the number of pets seen by the hospital team through through a productive and efficiently run hospital to support the needs of our wellness plan clients.
· Provide professional, efficient and exceptional service at all times. This includes encouraging hospital visits, welcoming clients and pets, ensuring that they are comfortable in the hospital, and educating them about their pet's health.
· Educate clients about Optimum Wellness Plans, preventative care, pet health needs and hospital services
· Assist incoming clients by completing the required documentation, entering all pet information and history in the computer, utilizing proper collars and tags for identification, and ensuring prompt service.
· Assist outgoing clients by providing all necessary instructions, information and invoices, dispensing prescription items per the veterinarian's instructions, selling retail products and scheduling future appointments.
· Manage the finances by maintaining accurate balances and utilizing proper opening and closing procedures.
· Conduct administrative functions as necessary.
· Other job duties as assigned.
SPECIAL WORKING CONDITIONS
· Ability to work at a computer for long periods of time.
· Ability to be confident around pets (i.e., dogs, cats, birds, reptiles, etc.)
· Client needs and work volume may often require more than 40 hours per week to complete essential duties of this job. This position requires special hours including working weekends and evenings.
· Associate is routinely exposed to a variety of pets that may bite or scratch, and on occasion, exposed to anesthesia, radiation, biological hazards and medication/controlled substances.
EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND/OR TRAINING
· High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
· Must be at least 18 years old to perform duties involving radiography (x-ray) and exposure to radioactive substances.
· One year related experience required with customer service preferred.
· Medical background (veterinary technician, human healthcare, pharmaceutical, etc.) with medical terminology training is preferred.