The Recreation Guide III will act as a lead in personal interpretation of cultural, historical, and natural resources while providing support to guests in an outdoor environment. Responsibilities of the position may vary by Aramark location based on client requirements and business needs.
• Leads guests on organized and educational excursions
• Provide leadership and training for level I & II guides
• The Guide will greet guests and provide an orientation of all safety and necessary equipment concerns, basic etiquette, area regulations, safety procedures, resource protection
• Adheres to safety policies and procedures to ensure safety of guests
• Guides will ensure guide compliance with operations Manual and Contracts
• Be aware of MSDS sheets books and be able to use this information when necessary
• Guides should test the communications equipment prior to operation
• Must be a knowledgeable guide for clients, and provide support and reassurance
• Guides will be responsible for educating self on the local ecology, geology, history and culture to be well-prepared to provide information and answer guest's questions.
• Ability to provide interpretation in a variety of settings
• Ability to choreograph your tour to educate and engage visitors of all ages and backgrounds.
• Adheres to cash handling policies and procedures
• Ensures security of company assets and a safe work environment through daily maintenance and housekeeping
• Works in conditions that involve exposure to unusual elements and extreme temperatures
• Maintains excellent customer service and a positive demeanor towards guests, customers, clients, co-workers, etc.
This job profile does not contain a comprehensive listing of all required activities, duties, or responsibilities. Job duties, responsibilities and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
• Training in First Aid protocols such as Wilderness First Responder, Wilderness Advanced First Aid, Wilderness EMT or EMT/Paramedic preferred
• Multi-lingual skills a plus
• Must have extensive experience guiding in the same or related environment
• Sit, stand and walk for varied amounts of time
• Demonstrates interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
• Must be available to work flexible hours
This role may have physical demands including, but not limited to, lifting, bending, pushing, pulling and/or extended walking and standing. This role may also require uniforms and/or usage of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
Rooted in service and united by our purpose, we strive to do great things for each other, our partners, our communities, and our planet.
At Aramark, we believe that every employee should enjoy equal employment opportunity and be free to participate in all aspects of the company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, pregnancy, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, military status, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by applicable law.
The people of Aramark proudly serve millions of guests every day through food, facilities, and uniform services in 19 countries around the world. Rooted in service and united by our purpose, we strive to do great things for each other, our partners, our communities, and our planet. We believe a career should develop your talents, fuel your passions, and empower your professional growth. So, no matter what you're pursuing - a new challenge, a sense of belonging, or just a great place to work - our focus is helping you reach your full potential. Learn more about working here at ~~~ or connect with us on Facebook , Instagram and Twitter .
Aramark is an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION employer - Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Aramark will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles Fair Chance ordinance.